Friday, October 4, 2013

Gardening Choice Hour

Small Moment 10/4/13
Gardening Choice Hour

Today was a really interesting day during my choice hour. Since I a helper I am the oldest in the group. So I have to babysit 3rd graders for 50 minutes. What we had to do this Friday choice hour is help make the new fences for our garden. So we had to hammer small  rectangular shapes on the bigger piece of wood. Now may I remind you that I was in a group full of 3rd graders so they were just eager to get there hands on the hammer. So we played a little game of  guess a number through 1-10 and we solved the problem.  For the first wood  piece that we did was pretty interesting because when we finished hammering the piece of wood would not get up. So the 3rd graders kept saying its hammered to the table but i did not believe them. So I went over to the table and tried to lift it up. It would not get up, so I pulled harder and when it finally lifted there holes in the table. We called over Miss L and she started laughing like the rest of us. To be honest it was really funny. You would think that the nails are so small but they can do some pretty powerful things. And that is just a little piece from my choice hour today.

No comments:

Post a Comment